Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What's on my mind Wednesday

1 - Tornados - my heart breaks for the people who have been affected by the destructive weather this year. I cannot even imagine how their lives are changing in just a few seconds. A lose of a home, vehicle, job, family members, maybe even what seems like your whole town. I'm sending big big prayers up for these families.

2 - John F Kennedy - so I mentioned on Friday that I had been reading "The Kennedy Detail." Well I finished it last night. O my, I've had a lot of emotions with this book. I think it was a great book and it helped me to really put in to perspective how security was done back in that time period. This book is written by the secret service agents who protected JFK and "failed." It was a good book and I would recommend.

So JFK was assassinated nearly 50 years ago and it was 20 years before I was born and it has affected me deeply this past week. I'm starting to think I may be paranoid. I mean it has really had me scared! I've had trouble falling asleep. I know my husband thinks I'm a whacko! But I'm going to continue on with my reading/research - I'm now starting "The Echo from Dealey Plaza." This book is also written by a secret service agent who opposes the information in "The Kennedy Detail." I'm only a couple of chapters in but I find it very intriguing. There are still so many questions. I think that's why I find it so scary. I mean the same thing happens to me when I watch "48 Hours Mystery" - I go to bed scared. The mystery part of stuff just scares me to death! Am I alone in this?

Once I finish "The Echo from Dealey Plaza" I'm going to read "JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters." And then "Ultimate Sacrifice: John and Robert Kennedy, the Plan for a Coup in Cuba, and the Murder of JFK"

Alright, well those are the things that are dominating my thoughts on this Wednesday. We're getting closer to Friday! Hope you have a good one!

~Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! They mean so much to me! :)