Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What's on my mind Wednesday

Hola friends!

It's been a week - gosh, where has the time gone?

Well I would say we've been crazy busy and in some ways we have but we were very lazy for the first half of the weekend. Friday there was a bad storm in our town. Our power did not go out at the time of the storm but it went out that night and was out for several hours right when it got dark so there was nothing to do but go to bed! We were very lazy Saturday and didn't emerge from our haze until Sunday in time to go out to eat with our family which was GREAT!

I spent Memorial day with family too and it was great also!

Ok so - What's on my mind:

1 - I think I may be afraid of the dark - I've never been before but more and more lately my motto is "Nothing good happens in the dark." Now I know this isn't true but when it gets dark I just want to get in and pray I make it through the night. So what's with my drama - I don't know. I think my JFK research may be playing a part. And as you can imagine, when the power was out and it was pitch-black dark in the hood I was a little bit uncomfortable. You know I was peeking out the window and scanning for shadows. Spooky!

2 - Hair, hair everywhere - All three of my animals have long hair. Man, do we know how to pick them. I'm just kidding - I wouldn't trade any of them - well most days I wouldn't. How do you control all of this hair? I'm starting to brush them more but this time of year is just out of control. Even I'm shedding everywhere! Sometimes I wonder why we have animals but then I remember I just love them and would be so sad without their companionship. I can't imagine not having at least one furry pet.

3 - Heat wave - It is hot, hot, hot here. It has been in the mid-90's or higher all week with no end in sight. Just walking to the mailbox is tough. I can't imagine being someone who has to work outside. I'm so thankful for air conditioning! Even the animals are tired from the heat. They just lay down under the fan. And they're inside in the air with me! Poor babies!

Hope you're finding a way to stay cool!

~Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! They mean so much to me! :)