Tuesday, April 19, 2011

the weather

You may or may not be aware that I love the weather or better yet weather coverage. This goes way back for me as far as I can remember.

On Saturday, in the middle of spring cleaning, I was watching the weather. Some severe storms were moving through our area. Our area was spared but the death and destruction that the storms sparked over other parts of our state (NC) are heart-breaking. We weren't the only state affected. A few pictures of the damage:









source for all 3 images

It is so hard to believe that kind of destruction can happen in only seconds.

The following pictures are of tornado damage sustained in an area only a handful of miles from my home. This occurred on Sunday, March 28, 2010.

A group from my church volunteered on Friday and Saturday to help with cleanup and we saw firsthand how devastating the weather can be. Please ignore the dates in the pictures. I am truly an amateur camera-woman. And the pics were taken from inside my car when we were driving through. =)





I do love weather coverage. But I respect the weather and how powerful it is. I don't wish any of this to happen to anyone. It is almost hard to believe that you can pick up from this and move on. But they can and they will. Please join me in praying for those that lost family members, homes, businesses, and irreplaceable family memories (pictures, etc).

xoxo
~Amber

1 comment:

  1. It was such a scarey afternoon for sure! Jon and I were glued to the TV. We are praying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! They mean so much to me! :)