Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday verse

This morning I was answering some questions in a workbook from a study I'm doing and these verses were mentioned:

Hebrews 12:5-8
5-6
And have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you as his children? He said, "My child, don't make light of the Lord's discipline, and don't give up when he corrects you. For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he acceps as his child."
7-8
As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father? If God doesn't discipline you as he does all his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all.

This was very thought-provoking to me and helps put struggles into perspective. It also helps me understand how some people seem to get away with anything and may seem never to get punished for their behavior or the hurtful words they say. How sad this is and these are the people we really need to pray for.

Happy Sunday! Spend it with your loved ones!

~Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! They mean so much to me! :)